Cookies and Other Technologies
Personal Data We Collect
Through this website, Kik may collect information that can specifically identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address when you voluntarily submit it to us.
Use of Personal Data
We may use and disclose Personal Data for any of the following reasons:
- to respond to requests you may make of us, including to provide services that you have requested and participate in activities that you have joined;
- to contact you and/or provide you with general information as well as information about our products and services from time to time;
- to share with agents, contractors or partners of Kik in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, our firm. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using Personal Data in any way other than to provide services for Kik. We may, for example, provide Personal Data to agents, contractors or partners for hosting our databases, for data processing services, or to send you information that you requested, but those parties cannot use your Personal Data for their own purposes unrelated to the work they are doing for us;
- to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law;
- to investigate suspected fraudulent activity in connection with the website or violation of another party’s rights;
The security of your Personal Data is very important to us. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Access to your Personal Data is granted only to those employees who require it in order to perform their duties. We cannot guarantee, however, that all communications between us or information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. Your use of our services demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
Information from Children
This website is not directed at children and we have no intention of collecting Personal Data from young people. If we become aware that Personal Data from a child under 14 has been collected without the consent of such child’s parent or guardian, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information.
Third Party Websites
As a convenience to our visitors, this website contains links to a number of websites that we believe offer useful information. The policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to those websites. We suggest contacting those websites directly for information on their privacy policies.
Access to Personal Data
We will make available to you Personal Data about you in our custody or control that we have collected, used or disclosed, upon your written request, to the extent required and/or permitted by law.
To request access to Personal Data that we hold about you, we require that you submit your request in writing at the e-mail address or postal address shown below in the Contact Us section. When we receive an access request from an individual, we will attempt to fulfill the requested information within 30 days, including requests regarding the Personal Data we have in our possession or control about the individual, what it is being used for, and to whom it has been disclosed, if applicable.
In certain situations, however, we may not be able to give individuals access to all or some of their Personal Data. If we deny an individual's request for access to their Personal Data, we will advise the individual of the reason for the refusal.
Accuracy of Personal Data
We make reasonable efforts to keep Personal Data in our possession or control, which is used on an ongoing basis, accurate, complete, current and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us. If you would like to correct, modify or delete your Personal Data, please see the Contact Us section below.
International Transfers of Personal Data
Personal data submitted through this website resides on servers in Italy. The Kik Group is a global organization. Your Personal Data may be transferred to one or more Kik affiliated companies or non-affiliated service providers in other countries and used for the purposes described previously.
Kik’s legal entities in the United States comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Kik has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles ("Principles”) of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Kik’s certification, please visit www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Compliance with the Principles may be limited in certain cases to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest or law enforcement requirements. By using this website, you consent to the transfer, storage, use and disclosure of your Personal Data among our affiliated companies and non-affiliated service providers, wherever located. Kik’s service providers are contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data.
Changes to this Policy